What is a Twitter Chat?
This is a twitter conversation that will happen around a unique hashtag. It is a public conversation and you are able to discuss and answer various questions.
My First Twitter Chat:
Last night I took part in my first Twitter Chat
for the #ZAEdu hashtag. It was the culmination of a 12 days of twitter challenge given. It was amazing.
Connecting with like minded people over the topic of education.
There were people who I admire, in the industry, friends, and new people all discussing and giving their opinions.
My tips for a successful Twitter Chat:
- Make sure your device is fully charged
- Be in an area that has a good internet connection (Mine was so unstable last night)
- Search the correct hashtag and ensure you filter by latest (took me a few minutes to realize that)
4. Don’t be scared to re tweet, comment and like tweets.
5. Take time later to research the hashtag to see what you missed – the time goes by so quick.
6. Diarise the date for the next chat in your phone calendar to remind you!